ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Quicktime movies suddenly stopped pllaying in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben AllanQuicktime movies suddenly stopped pllaying in Premiere
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 5:10:03 am

I guess this could be an update problem. I'm on 2015.2.
I had a project with after effect files exported as quicktime files lossless default. It worked fine.

I had to come back to the project (like a week later) and now none these files connect. I try reconnecting but they say they are corrupt. I can open them in VLC and QUicktime but premiere wont reconnect them or reconize them imported back in.

If i export and new one it seems fine but one i just tried failed?!

Any thoughts. I'm on a Mac.

Ben.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Quicktime movies suddenly stopped pllaying in Premiere
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 10:50:02 am

Try a reboot.

Return to posts index

torsten gruenwaldRe: Quicktime movies suddenly stopped pllaying in Premiere
by on Feb 16, 2016 at 11:15:10 am

delete cache, renderings and all temp files in user/ ../ temp

http://www.greenwoodworx.com
video-production and media-productions, Berlin

Return to posts index

Ben AllanRe: Quicktime movies suddenly stopped pllaying in Premiere
by on Feb 16, 2016 at 1:43:54 pm

Hey guys thanks for the advice i did do that but the problem appears to be bigger. I now have an error saying- "Adobe Premier Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again." Premiere then crashes.

I have tried dumping preferences. Reinstalling. Tried this- https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error---preludevideo-play-modules.h... As far as i can see i have the correct permissions?

Anyideas. I have a deadline for tomorrow but i will try someone elses computer tonight cause i feel this could take time.

Return to posts index

John AlexanderRe: Quicktime movies suddenly stopped pllaying in Premiere
by on Feb 22, 2016 at 4:12:13 pm

Check to see if Quicktime is still installed. This happened to me a few weeks back. The whole program was gone. See if you can play your media files straight from the folder (not using Premiere) I could not. Re-installed QT and everything relinked.

CRAZY!

I'd rather do something at full speed than half-fast

Return to posts index

mark thompsonRe: Quicktime movies suddenly stopped pllaying in Premiere
by on Feb 22, 2016 at 6:37:12 pm

Hi,
I had a similar problem on windows. It seems that Premiere has trouble starting up some component of QuickTime (that other nle don't have). Although its not obvious that a win problem could appear on mac, I would guess it is (due to similar architectures).
My workaround is to look at that media in DaVinci Resolve and then try again in Premiere. If it will work then media browser can view them first, eventually they will play on your timeline. It is as though DaVinci can start he QuickTime component up and then Premiere can use that component.

I don't worry about it any more. The error looks dire, i.e. says you have lost your audio and video tracks, but they do come back before too long.
I don't know if that will work for you.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 22, 2016 at 6:53:22 pm

Ace thanks for this. I will try it today. Randomly I stopped the problem by unplugging my dell screens. But maybe that was a co- incidence.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Quicktime movies suddenly stopped pllaying in Premiere
by on Feb 22, 2016 at 10:42:04 pm

did you try reinstalling quicktime so that adobe can detect it again?

Return to posts index

by on Feb 24, 2016 at 1:31:31 am

No i actually didn't need to do that. It seem my Dell monitors where doing funny things to Premiere. I unplugged them and everything has been working fine ever since. Thanks for all your help tho!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]