ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Late 2012 IMac 27" crashing in Premiere CC2015

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James BridgesLate 2012 IMac 27" crashing in Premiere CC2015
by on Feb 13, 2016 at 5:26:08 am

I could really use some help here. For the past few months my IMac has been crashing during editing and when exporting in media composer. Unplugging the computer helps, but trouble persists.
Here are my specs
Late 2012
3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVidia GForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

El Capitian-latest update
Premiere Pro CC 2015 all up to date

Apple doesn't know, I am trying not to pull the trigger on a new computer.
Thank you for any assistance.
Jim Bridges

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Late 2012 IMac 27" crashing in Premiere CC2015
by on Feb 13, 2016 at 4:50:04 pm

Hi James,

I have the exact same system with one exception - I am still using Yosemite. After a bit of searching, I found disabling CUDA (actually removing it completely from my system) was the solution... not an ideal fix but I haven't had the constant crashing. It appears to be a known issue that hopefully will be resolved soon. If you can't do without CUDA, going back to CC 2014 is an alternative. Anyone else have an update on this?

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

James BridgesRe: Late 2012 IMac 27" crashing in Premiere CC2015
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 4:49:31 pm

Thanks for the feedback so quickly. Unfortunately I have had the same issues in Yosemite as well as El Capitian. Currently, my IMac is in for servicing. They are running a hardware and software diagnostic...I will keep everyone posted...hopefully it is software related...

Jim

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Late 2012 IMac 27" crashing in Premiere CC2015
by on Feb 15, 2016 at 6:30:24 pm

Yes, please let us know if you have any joy after getting your Mac back from the shop. As I said, I have the exact same system and the only solution for me was to get CUDA off of my machine :-( I haven't updated to El Capitan yet but, from your experience, it's good to know that wouldn't fix it. Haven't heard anything from the NVIDEA side of things either.

Return to posts index

Al BergsteinRe: Late 2012 IMac 27" crashing in Premiere CC2015
by on Feb 17, 2016 at 12:18:15 am

I've posted elsewhere about a very similar problem. I too agree that it's either CUDA or perhaps we are running out of Graphics card RAM. I've upgraded my system to 32 GBs but the crashing has returned. It happens after I have been on the timeline, and move to another spot on the timeline, as if it locked up while trying to load a new image. I am on the latest OS, and CUDA driver. I'll try disabling it.

Al

Return to posts index

by on Feb 17, 2016 at 2:43:27 am

Ok,
My IMac just came back for some intensive diagnostics...hardware was fine, no issues with memory, graphics card, mother board, etc.
They did look at the error messages from Adobe, it appears to be software related.
Let me give an example. After reconnecting the computer I put a ProRes 1080P file along with a PNG logo on V2( I've done this hundreds of times before)...rendered...then added a Gaussian blur to the ProRes file V1 and the preview and record monitors went black, tried to render, but that little box came up, " movie not recognized"...I erased the videoclips shutdown the program, then started editing again without the blur.
Media Encoder isn't any better, exported the media from Premiere to ME as a Vimeo 1080p file(1:30 long) I got the yellow triangle with the "!", shutdown the program, then it exported. I cannot be the only one with these issues, Adobe, you get my money every month, I also have been calling your call center every other month...please fix these problems, it's costing me too much $$$

Return to posts index

Al BergsteinRe: Late 2012 IMac 27" crashing in Premiere CC2015
by on Feb 29, 2016 at 5:25:46 pm

Have you opened the Activity Monitor and watched memory usage as you ran Pr? I found that my crashes seem to be related to memory, and upgrading to 32GBs has now stabilized the machine for the time being.

Al

Return to posts index

by on Feb 29, 2016 at 6:16:53 pm

Thanks for responding. Yes we have, as a matter of fact, we have been leaving it open. This is what Adobe suggested. Take the software off of CUDA and render software, it has helped as far as exporting. Editing, it still crashes. BTW, we have had 32GB memory since we had the computer.
It could be a mother board/video card issue. Just not sure. We broke down and purchased a MacPro 6 core with 32Gb Ram and 2 700 video cards, we'll see if this works... It better...

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Late 2012 IMac 27" crashing in Premiere CC2015
by on Mar 30, 2016 at 2:43:13 pm

Any updates if the trash can solved the crashing?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

by on Mar 30, 2016 at 3:49:24 pm

Unfortunately no...Apple hand delivered a dual D500(to replace the D700) MacPro and the problem was worse...they even said it might. After being on the phone with Apple and Adobe I promptly returned the MacPro and cancelled the lease agreement. I did call AMD and they could not help. They said Apple does something to the cards they could not fix. Adobe tech support said it was a Apple issue and that they are working on a solution. Apple was no help at all., but mentioned they could replace the AMD cards under warranty. I am going Puget Systems instead. Twice as much power for $1500 less.
http://mcfarlandandpecci.com/mac-vs-pc-edit-systems/
We are using this strictly for post, no ITunes, no Pages, no Apple programs at all. I found links to software that will allow me to read Apple formatted drives, so no issues there. After 32 years I cannot believe I am going PC, but it is my only option...for now...
Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]