ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Slow preview

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John RikerSlow preview
by on Feb 13, 2016 at 1:32:10 am

I use NeatVideo to cleanup some video and click thru the timeline to find frames that are conducive to the plugin. It can take 20 - 30 seconds per click for the frame to show on screen. And then maybe another 10 seconds for the NeatVideo plugin to load the frame. System isn't doing much and is 12 core 24 threads with 24GB ram. Does the video card in the system effect this activity I described? Or is the video card not used? Not I'm not using CUDA or anything and rendering the final video thru the CPU. Video card is just a NVidia Quadro NVS 295. Don't want to put a beefier card in the system unless it will make a difference as it's headless and I do all my work thru remote desktop.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Slow preview
by on Feb 13, 2016 at 6:58:01 am

Neat video is a REALLY heavy plugin. Everything that's removing or adding grain/noise will require a lot of processing power. It does seem to have some GPU support though https://www.neatvideo.com/featuremap.html#GPU-support

Return to posts index

John RikerRe: Slow preview
by on Feb 13, 2016 at 8:02:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yeah that plugin is a beast but works well. That said, if I didn't have that plugin added, and it takes a while to click around the timeline. Causing a lot of time to refresh the image displayed, would a better graphic card help with this or is it just a CPU/Memory thing?

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]