ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Workflow for editing to reauthor from ripped Blu-ray video?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David OlsenWorkflow for editing to reauthor from ripped Blu-ray video?
by on Feb 12, 2016 at 4:37:37 pm

Sorry if this isn't the right place, but I wasn't sure where this question would be most appropriate. I have both Premiere and Final Cut available to me for use in editing.

I'm tasked with trying to author (re-author) a Blu-ray title using a ripped video source due to being unable to get access to the original masters (I know, ugh...) We have legal rights to author, so there's no troublesome legal issues at play.

I've done DVD re-authoring many times in the past for DVD with DVDLogic's DVD Demuxer, but I don't typically have to re-edit the video and audio and I think that may be unavoidable in this case.

I was able to rip my video into .M2TS with DVD Fab, and I've got a couple tools I can use to demux the video (BD Demuxer and tsMuxer). Is there a good workflow for editing and re-authoring for Blu-ray?

Also, in regards to working with and editing the audio, what is the workflow? Demuxing the M2TS often yields a DTSHD or Dolby TrueHD file. Is there a way to edit these or get them into an editable format? Would importing these files as raw data into Audacity and converting the channels to .AIFF let me edit them without problems?

Obviously, I'm looking for as little a loss in quality as possible.

As an aside, if anyone has done re-authoring for Blu-ray, did you send your finished cutting master to Blu-ray verification? Were there any issues there?

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Workflow for editing to reauthor from ripped Blu-ray video?
by on Feb 12, 2016 at 6:51:24 pm

Handbrake can process any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Workflow for editing to reauthor from ripped Blu-ray video?
by on Feb 12, 2016 at 8:40:43 pm

Copy bd to harddrive, then import the m2ts files from the STREAM into Premiere.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]