ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

iMac 4K PP Sequence Output

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew RyanniMac 4K PP Sequence Output
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 11:32:22 pm

Hey Adobe Friends!

Question for ya'll. Looking to buy new iMac to run CC...mostly Premiere, AE and such. Probably gonna max it out with RAM, graphics card upgrade and i7 chip, plus a 1TB SSD. My question is what is the best way to get a 4K PP/AE sequence to play out on a large 4K display? I obviously know about some of the hardware from BMD, Kona, AJA and the like, but everything I am seeing are usually I/O boxes. I really don't need the Input functionality as everything we edit comes from cards...just can't see any reason to capture a live feed or from a deck. Will the iMac be able to display a 4K sequence directly from a TB-HDMI adaptor, or do I need one of he above mentioned boxes?

Bonus Question: I had heard that there were some issues with CC and El Capitan...hearing some conflicting stories on whether those issues had been resolved. Anyone have any real world experience with EC and CC yet?

Thanks and much appreciated!

Andrew

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: iMac 4K PP Sequence Output
by on Feb 11, 2016 at 12:34:47 am

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202856

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Andrew RyannRe: iMac 4K PP Sequence Output
by on Feb 12, 2016 at 10:12:59 pm

Hi David,

Thanks for the link. I had seen this, but still wasn't sure that it addressed my core concern about viewing the sequence/timeline directly on the external 4K display. I'm sure that you could drag a sequence window to the monitor, but that's kind of a pain.

Also, if this indeed works the way I hope it does, is this configuration putting too much pressure on the graphics card in the iMac?

I know that CC apps used to use the graphics cards in the MacPros for additional processing power...not sure if they are still doing that with newer, speedier CPUs.

Thanks again for your help and any further insight would be appreciated.

Andrew

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: iMac 4K PP Sequence Output
by on Feb 13, 2016 at 6:55:03 am

You can playback the timeline to an external display without any I/O device. The picture is drawn by Premiere so you might experience some loss in performance compared to using an I/O device.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]