ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Red Gaint Primatte Keyer and Premiere Pro issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael CollovaRed Gaint Primatte Keyer and Premiere Pro issues
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 11:47:26 am

Hi,

I am using Red Gaint Primatte keyer to edit some footage in premiere pro.

Now the clip is 4:04 min long. when working with the keyer i find that the sequence clip is very laggy and takes ages to update (the clip displays red in the sequence window), to the point where adobe pops up a window

[img]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/12688003_74156...

and that message was for a clip section which was only 45second long.

Now when i go to export the clip using media encoder est time is 8 hrs....

Now i have never had this issue rendering any other footage and normally it takes me max 10 min to render clips depending on their length.

Does anyone know why i am having this issue? is there a way to fix it? am i better off using the keyer in AE than Premiere?

my laptop spec are as followed:

4th Generation Intel Core i7-4720HQ Processor (2.60GHz), 6MB L3 Cache
24.0 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (3GB GDDR5 Video RAM)
2x SSD 500GB HDD

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Red Gaint Primatte Keyer and Premiere Pro issues
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 4:15:13 pm

The problem is you're using bootlegged software. Red Gaint Primatte is fake. You want Red GIANT Primatte ;-)

Seriously, I just got into green screen and have had no problems with Primatte, either in usage or in rendering. I rendered 2 30 second long clips in about 20 minutes each.

As you can see, I am hardly a professional. But, again, absolutely no problems dealing with Primatte.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Red Gaint Primatte Keyer and Premiere Pro issues
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 4:21:15 pm

btw, that render box always pops up when you render a clip for smooth playback. You seem to know your stuff so I'm not sure where you're going wrong. I certainly am not qualified to help anybody here, all I can do is assure you my computer, which is a toy next to yours, has no problems. Sorry for two posts but it seems the ability to edit ones comment has disappeared.

Return to posts index

Michael CollovaRe: Red Gaint Primatte Keyer and Premiere Pro issues
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 4:47:42 pm

haha no dramas, yeah i am not sure why i am having this issue. All i can think is that the input footage is now different to what i used in the past. i am now using HD Cam rather than a DSLR so the files are very large 2 gig film for a 5 min recording.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 10, 2016 at 5:07:10 pm

so i decided to try something different; I render my original footage without adding the key, output format was h.264; that took less than 2 minutes. output file is now 300 megs

I then added that new file back into premiere and added the key using primatte. exported the file again using the same output format (h.264) render time is now down to 2 hours and 25 mins for a 5min clip, now this is better but still no where near where it should be.

I am not really sure what could be causing this clearly it is an issue related with the primatte key as when that isn't added to the clip, rendering and preview times remain normal.

Do i have some setup wrong in my sequence or export media?

Return to posts index

by on Feb 10, 2016 at 5:45:32 pm

So this is the responds i have gotten from the Red Giant customer support team

"I’m sorry for the Inconvenience as it stands the extended render time in Premiere Pro is a know issue that our developers are actively working to fix, in the meantime I recommend using After Effect as a work around as the issue is isolated to Premiere Pro."

... WONDERFUL!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]