ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

4K MXF Exported from Premiere not working in Resolve and Viceversa

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergio Sanchez4K MXF Exported from Premiere not working in Resolve and Viceversa
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 5:54:00 pm

I´m trying to find a way to create a 4K Flat Intermediate of a film I´m working on. Tried exporting to Quicktime DNHHR 444 but Premiere 2015.2 nor After Effects opens it, the video is distorted, like a Münch painting. But if I open it in Resolve, it looks fine.

The I did an MXF export using the same codec, Premiere Pro and After ingest the file and plays it fine, but I can´t open it in any other software, now Resolve is not interpreting the file correctly, Scratch Play is not even importing it, just hangs forever.

Did a lot of searching for the last couple of weeks, but couldn´t find anyone having the same issues.

I´m on a Core i7, 32GB of Ram, R9 290X, Windows 10, PC

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: 4K MXF Exported from Premiere not working in Resolve and Viceversa
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 6:37:46 pm

[Sergio Sanchez] "Tried exporting to Quicktime DNHHR 444 "

What are you using to generate this file? What software?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: 4K MXF Exported from Premiere not working in Resolve and Viceversa
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 6:41:53 pm

Also do you have the DNxHR Quicktime codec installed on your system?

Return to posts index

Sergio SanchezRe: 4K MXF Exported from Premiere not working in Resolve and Viceversa
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 7:02:06 pm

I´m using Premiere Pro 2015.2 and Resolve 12... I´m using the latest Avid Codec, 2.7.1

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: 4K MXF Exported from Premiere not working in Resolve and Viceversa
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 7:21:19 pm

[Sergio Sanchez] "I´m using Premiere Pro 2015.2 and Resolve 12... I´m using the latest Avid Codec, 2.7.1"

Yes yes...but you said you converted the file and that these apps had trouble reading the converted file. WHat did you use to convert that file?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sergio SanchezRe: 4K MXF Exported from Premiere not working in Resolve and Viceversa
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 8:51:00 pm

I rendered the MXF in premiere pro. The QT files were exported from Resolve. From a Tiff sequence.

But Premiere is only working with mxf.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]