ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to DESELECT a label

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen YaroskyHow to DESELECT a label
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 1:07:17 pm

I am sure this is easy but for some reason I cannot seem to find where to DESELECT (remove) a coloured label from either my clips in the timeline or my bins, sequences etc. I have no problem adding a label (edit - label - choose colour), or changing labels / colours in my preferences, but how do you REMOVE them? Have been searching everywhere ... please does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: How to DESELECT a label
by on Feb 11, 2016 at 6:37:21 pm

Hi Karen,

There's no way to remove a label from an asset in Premiere. As you discovered you can only edit the color and label name.

Curious to why you want to remove it? You can add a feature request here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Karen YaroskyRe: How to DESELECT a label
by on Feb 11, 2016 at 6:50:42 pm

Thanks for this - so my question is: when I ADD a label to a clip in the timeline can I also then not remove it? I have been labeling clips in my timeline as markers to find them easily - does this mean I am stuck with them? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: How to DESELECT a label
by on Feb 11, 2016 at 7:15:26 pm

All assets in your project will have a label applied by default. You'll noticed that Premiere applies labels per format. So all video assets will have the 'Iris' label, stills 'Lavender' and music 'Forest' etc...

You can change the label on any specific asset or group of assets but again all assets will have a label.

Here's good workflow for how the users from Rocket Stock user labels. Hope this is helpful! If you feel that having a label is affecting your workflow please file a feature request and explain why. Thanks!

"Color labels are an incredibly important way to keep your footage organized, but I like to take it one step further. Instead of simply choosing a color for certain types of footage, I like to physically name each category before I begin color labeling. For example, If you navigate to Premiere Pro>Preferences>Label Defaults you will see different colors for Bins, Sequences, Video, etc.

Instead of setting this to default, I like using my colors to tell me what type of footage or audio is in the timeline. For example, if you navigate to Premiere Pro>Preferences>Color Labels, you can change the default name and color for your clips. I’ll typically label the following eight categories:

Interviews
B-Roll
Narrative Footage
Graphics
Voice Audio
Location Sound/SFX
Music
Everything Else

Now you can go into your project panel and label your clips with the appropriate color label. Simply right click, select Label, and choose the right category. After you do this, it will be much easier to quickly navigate your timeline and determine what type of footage you are working with. This is, of course, secondary to organizing your footage once you import it into your project."

https://www.rocketstock.com/blog/5-underused-organizational-tools-in-premie...

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]