ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro and El Capitan: is it safe?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam LevinePremiere Pro and El Capitan: is it safe?
by on Feb 6, 2016 at 5:22:49 pm

Seems like there was a lot of OpenCL issues when PPro was released. Has this been rectified? The latest info I see is from early December and it says not to install.

Mac Pro 2010, 32 GB
PPro CC 2015.1 (9.2.0)
OS X 10.10.5

Return to posts index

Alan StephensRe: Premiere Pro and El Capitan: is it safe?
by on Feb 6, 2016 at 7:17:23 pm

It appears I'm having an open CL issue in Media Encoder. It has been failing with QT files.
Changing it to Software only works so far.

Alan Stephens

Mac Book Pro 2.8, quad i7, 16 GB Ram, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB, OS X ElCapitan 10.11.3
Thunderbolt 1 Promise raid drive

Return to posts index

Adam LevineRe: Premiere Pro and El Capitan: is it safe?
by on Feb 6, 2016 at 10:20:56 pm

I'm going to go through some of last autumn's threads again, but my impression is that the OpenCL problems are being experienced by people with mobile video cards. I'll report back if I can piece anything together.

In any event, even if it is limited to mobile chips, how has Adobe not dealt with this yet? Their whole pitch to us for the subscription model was that this stuff would get fixed quickly, not linger. This is not the only bug that has stuck around for several versions.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Premiere Pro and El Capitan: is it safe?
by on Feb 7, 2016 at 2:45:00 am

[Adam Levine] "In any event, even if it is limited to mobile chips, how has Adobe not dealt with this yet? Their whole pitch to us for the subscription model was that this stuff would get fixed quickly, not linger. This is not the only bug that has stuck around for several versions.
"

Some bugs are harder to fix than others and not all bugs can be fixed at once. With any given release some users are going to be happy that 'their' bugs got fixed and some users are going to be upset that their bugs didn't.

Some things are also out of Adobe's control. IIRC the CUDA problem some users are experiencing is either related to Apple or Nvidia's GPU driver so Adobe is stuck waiting on someone else to fix the problem and/or trying to find a workaround (which may or may not be possible). I know some posers have said that doing a completely fresh install of OS X (as opposed to an upgrade install) solved the CUDA problem which points a problem related to OS X, not Adobe.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Premiere Pro and El Capitan: is it safe?
by on Feb 13, 2016 at 3:11:10 pm

importing it into ae doesn't have realtime playback

https://forums.adobe.com/message/8440047#8440047

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]