ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Create Dual Mono (instead of 1 stereo track) using Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ariella FurmanCreate Dual Mono (instead of 1 stereo track) using Premiere Pro
by on Feb 5, 2016 at 10:06:11 pm

Hello! I use Premiere to sync audio for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Unfortunately, Plural eyes always brings in the audio as a ONE stereo track so if there is a lav hidden on the left or right channel, I can't get it out. I tried to go to preferences and change all my future audio to Mono so when I just bring a clip into a sequence, it creates 2 channels. However, with Plural eyes, I can only seem to get it to stick both the tracks into one track (A1). Anyone know a solution? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Create Dual Mono (instead of 1 stereo track) using Premiere Pro
by on Feb 5, 2016 at 10:44:34 pm

Hey....

if you only need one of the two channels...

rather than splitting it out....

go to you effects panel

search "FILL LEFT" "FILL RIGHT"

these effects will fill the audio of the clip with one or the other of the audio channels...

should help you in this case...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Create Dual Mono (instead of 1 stereo track) using Premiere Pro
by on Feb 6, 2016 at 5:26:36 am

[Ariella Furman] "I tried to go to preferences and change all my future audio to Mono so when I just bring a clip into a sequence, it creates 2 channels. However, with Plural eyes, I can only seem to get it to stick both the tracks into one track (A1). Anyone know a solution? Thanks!"

If you use PPro's built in syncing it will obey your 'import stereo tracks as mono tracks' preference that you selected.

Return to posts index

Ariella FurmanRe: Create Dual Mono (instead of 1 stereo track) using Premiere Pro
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 2:24:01 am

Ok, thank you everyone that is very helpful!

Return to posts index

Vincent StraderRe: Create Dual Mono (instead of 1 stereo track) using Premiere Pro
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 7:43:54 pm

Awesome this helped me too. Only question I have. I still hear the scratch audio that was on track 1 (camera mic). I had my guy lavalieres on channel 2, and camera mic on 1. I was being lazy.

The Fill Left with Right worked, but the upper portion of the audio is still there. And I think I can still hear it, even though the other track doubled up in the audio meeter.

Here's what I'm doing.Only 1 min 10 seconds

Vinnie
---
24, LOST, Prison Break, FRINGE, Supernatural, DEXTER, Breaking Bad, CHUCK, Flash Forward, HEROES...even SMALLVILLE in the latter seasons.. they've all ruined my movie going experience by being better than so many movies out today.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Create Dual Mono (instead of 1 stereo track) using Premiere Pro
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 11:22:18 pm

Right...

FCP dealt with stereo as split track.

PPro doesn't do this by default.

You can interpret your audio to be dual mono in the project panel so that it will drop to the timeline that way if that's really how you want to work. but Fill should do it. Since the affect is applied is real time....it doesn't not modify the wave form drawn on the timeline. That's looking at the underlying source file. But don't let that confuse you. With the Fill effects what you will be hearing is the chosen channel only routed to both channels of the clip....

-----

if you really want to interpret your clips as dual mono...

right click clip(s) in the project panel...modify...audio channels...

channel format mono

choose one channel or the other...OR set the number of channels to 2 and use both...

if your intent is to apply effects in the timeline to clips when you have both discrete channels in the timeline...note that ppro will be dealing with them as separate objects at that point....so that's why it's not really ideal....compared to what you are sued to with FCP...

hope that helps...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]