ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Everyone No Access

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch JordanEveryone No Access
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 5:28:37 pm

I work in a shop with a bunch of Macs and one PC using a central, shared storage RAID. The Macs are running Yosemite. When we create new folders on the Macs, the permissions they generate say for Everyone: No Access". Consequently, I cannot open the folders on the PC unless I walk over to a Mac, find the folder, and change it's permissions. I believe this has something to do with umask on the Mac. I tried running "sudo launchctl config user umask 001" on the Macs, but it made no difference. Is anyone out there in a shared environment with Macs and PC's who might have an answer for this? It's really becoming a pain in the ***.

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: Everyone No Access
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 5:54:20 pm

Hi Mitch.

Are all the machines bonded through Active Directory? If yes, that is what sets the permission per user/group vs. it being a Premiere issue.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Mitch JordanRe: Everyone No Access
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 5:57:04 pm

I'm not familiar with Active Directory, so I don't know the answer to that. We are all connected to the central RAID by fiber and a fiber card. Can you tell me more about it?

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: Everyone No Access
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 6:02:13 pm

Is there a IT department taking care of all the equipment? Or are you all just "rebels" getting it done :) You could jump over to the Storage forum and see if Bob Zelin or one of the other forum leaders has some ideas. It's a pretty deep dive when dealing with multiple systems and permissions, so you don't want to change things on a individual level that could come back and bite you if the machines were getting their permissions from Active Directory.

Return to posts index

Mitch JordanRe: Everyone No Access
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 6:39:38 pm

We do have an IT department. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]