ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Apple Livetype like programs in Adobe's suite?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent StraderApple Livetype like programs in Adobe's suite?
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 9:37:24 pm

Finally after 8 years our municipality got a budget to upgrade and I have joined the land of the updated. And now I am completely obsolete with all these new confangled programs. I looked at FCPX and understand the migration away from it. So here I am, learning Adobe Premiere Pro CC. My main question now is, who are y'all going to vote for in the presidential elections? Just kidding, don't answer or blacklist yourselves. The real question.. are there any programs that are similar to Apple's Live Type?

Thank you for your time,
Vinnie

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Apple Livetype like programs in Adobe's suite?
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:48:17 pm

Yes and no. Premiere's Title Maker is pretty good and when you get used to it, you can make some pretty great looking stuff. However, it's not built for making animations. For that, you'll need to learn After Effects which is a whole other bag of cats. There are great plugins for After Effects and Premiere that make it easy, but the ones built for AE will give you a lot more animation, but you'll still have to learn the program basics. Word to the wise: don't try to use AE without learning the basics at least.

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Apple Livetype like programs in Adobe's suite?
by on Feb 7, 2016 at 12:45:05 am

There are some free resources for the Titler in PPro...search for 'style4type' and you should come up with the Adobe add-on pages.

As far as animation, Chris pretty much covered it. You can use the motion properties to move a Premiere Pro Title around once it's placed in the timeline, but AE is the heavy-lifter... And it's also a much heavier learning curve, but well-worth the time spent.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]