ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro keeps crashing. Could it be cause I'm using mixed media files and not conforming?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin SteelePremiere Pro keeps crashing. Could it be cause I'm using mixed media files and not conforming?
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 6:57:28 pm

HI there.

I'm running Premiere Pro 2015 on a 2015 Macbook Pro that hasn't had a ton of use. I'm using a 2TB G Raid drive.

PP keeps crashing. It did it on my last project and now this project. Usually things are fine for the first few hours but as the day goes on PP begins to crash almost every 15 minutes.

I'm am using footage ripped from the internet so a lot of different formats. In FCP I would ProRes everything first but I didn't do that this time. I thought PP was able to handle different formats on the same timeline.

Could this be why I keep crashing? Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Premiere Pro keeps crashing. Could it be cause I'm using mixed media files and not conforming?
by on Feb 5, 2016 at 9:34:16 pm

Hello Austin, please let us know exactly which release of Premiere Pro you are running. The original release was rather buggy, but there's a "dot 1" and "dot 2" release out currently.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro keeps crashing. Could it be cause I'm using mixed media files and not conforming?
by on Feb 5, 2016 at 9:41:16 pm

Try trashing the Premiere preferences.

Return to posts index

Austin SteeleRe: Premiere Pro keeps crashing. Could it be cause I'm using mixed media files and not conforming?
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 4:47:52 pm

Hi thanks.

I just got Premiere about 2 months ago. Looks like I have the 2015.0.2 release

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Premiere Pro keeps crashing. Could it be cause I'm using mixed media files and not conforming?
by on Feb 7, 2016 at 2:05:31 am

Using mixed media in and of itself should not cause crashing...it may cause performance to be less responsive...

Are there particular clips or groups of clips that you tend to be scrubbing/playing when the thing takes a powder?

Do you get an error report? Look through it and check if it indicates what thread crashed.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Austin SteeleRe: Premiere Pro keeps crashing. Could it be cause I'm using mixed media files and not conforming?
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 4:56:25 pm

I've seemed to have fixed the crashing issue now by disabling how often it Autosaves.

The remaining problem now is when playing back the project. At first no issues. As time goes on when I try to playback the project it wont. The video will freeze but audio will play. I can't scrub through the video at all. The only remedy is to Force Quite Premiere and start over. This happens quite often almost every 20 minutes or more.

Return to posts index

torsten gruenwaldRe: Premiere Pro keeps crashing. Could it be cause I'm using mixed media files and not conforming?
by on Feb 16, 2016 at 9:10:15 am

close in project unused taps in timeline, delete in timeline the unshown sequences or deactived with right mouse click. clear cache, defrag your drives, use GTX display cards,
in preference settings to boost the system with
http://greenwoodworx-media.blogspot.de/2012/01/performence-und-stabilitat-a...

your energy setting in Windows ? work only with high performance !

good luck

http://www.greenwoodworx.com
video-production and media-productions, Berlin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]