ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

4K footage not re-linking as expected.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner4K footage not re-linking as expected.
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 5:12:34 pm

I'm starting to work more and more with 4K despite the hardware not being quite up to the job.

We use CatDV on a 48tb media server so that producers can annotate and select their clips. CatDV also creates proxies with the exact same filenames which I can use to rough cut with.

When it comes time to uprez, I take the sequence off-line and choose re-link. I point the first proxy in the list to the 4K clip and hit OK. I would expect Premiere to auto re-link the other items in the list to the new footage/location but everything else in the list just goes back to be linked to the proxies. The only way I can get this process to work as expected is to temporarily rename the proxy folder but that has the effect of taking ALL footage offline including bin clips. So after re-linking the sequence to the 4K, I have to exit, rename proxy folder to original name and then go back and re-link all the bin clips as well.

This seems like a very sloppy workflow. Any suggestions out there as to how to streamline?

Lee

Return to posts index

Lee WarnerRe: 4K footage not re-linking as expected.
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 4:58:17 pm

bump

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: 4K footage not re-linking as expected.
by on Feb 7, 2016 at 2:17:05 am

Not actually certain what you mean by 'bin clips'...

I've seen proxy workflows that simply name the proxy folder 'media' or whatever...do the edit...then change the folder name to 'proxy' and relink to the online folder named 'media'. (or whatever names you want obviously, but the main thing is to begin the process knowing you'll need to do the folder rename)

Then of course...it works best if no media was trimmed when the proxies were created at the same framerate, etc...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]