ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

On re-open of older project, video clip contents have slipped

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean DavidOn re-open of older project, video clip contents have slipped
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 6:29:58 am

The project has many sequences and many clips. When we loaded it to look at making some updates, we realized that the video footage had slipped, backwards, so there are more frames at the start of the clip than there should be, and the end of the clip cuts off. We know this from comparing the final exports of the project before, and because some of the trims are now ludicrous. The project is 25fps PAL, AVI's with codec 'dvsd' as reported by VirtualDub. It seems like these 'shot footage' files have the issue, the other rendered files (e.g. some animations) don't seem to have slipped (the ones I've checked, but they usually don't have much room to slip anyway).

I've checked 'interpret footage' and it is correct, and the sequence settings seem correct as well. I set 'interpret footage' to 25.01 fps as a test and that was very close, but not quite, and that really isn't a solution. Is it possible that Premiere Pro is now 'mis-interpreting' PAL footage?

These are older project files, is there a way to 'clean' the old project into a 'new' one?

Sean

Asus G750JZ i7, 24GB RAM, Nvidia 880M 4GB, Win8.1 64 bit, Adobe CC, Cinema4D Studio 17, and whatever else it takes to get the job done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]