ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Thin Vertical Bars I can't get rid of on the side of my video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian T. McFarlandThin Vertical Bars I can't get rid of on the side of my video
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 2:19:10 am

Hoping y'all can help me with a bit of a humdinger I've had on my hands. In some but not all sequences I work on in Premiere CC 2016, the canvas has appeared to widen by, I would guess, about five pixels. This is not the case, though - because when I pull up sequence settings, I can see that the project is in 1920 x 1080 (just like the footage I'm using,) and pixel aspect ratio is square.

My current problem sequence was duplicated from a sequence where this is not an issue, so my guess is that I'm accidentally - and frequently - creating the problem, but I can't even figure out what the problem is. Whatever the issue is, I don't believe it can be changed in sequence settings, as I've compared sequence settings from problem sequence and normal sequences and they are identical to each other.

There are a couple of short term solutions to this - scale all the material up to 101%, copy and paste everything into a new timeline - but I was hoping someone might know what I'm talking about, because this problem keeps popping up and I'd prefer to have a long-term solution.

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Thin Vertical Bars I can't get rid of on the side of my video
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 2:43:24 pm

Where are you viewing the issue - in the Program Monitor window? Or at Export? Screen shots of settings and issue are helpful.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Ian T. McFarlandRe: Thin Vertical Bars I can't get rid of on the side of my video
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 6:13:40 pm

Thanks for your response - the issue is appearing both in the Program window and in exports. Below are the images you requested.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 3, 2016 at 6:25:08 pm

Any chance the black edges are on the Source clips themselves? Can you check them in QT player or something maybe? Otherwise, with 1920x1080 clips in a 1920x1080 sequence, I have no answer.

One more thought, were the clips shot as 1080 or maybe downsized from 2K or 4K?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Ian T. McFarlandRe: Thin Vertical Bars I can't get rid of on the side of my video
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 6:30:52 pm

The black edges are not in the source clips (neither the RAW nor the transcodes), and they were shot in 1920 x 1080 as well.

Yeah, I'm stumped.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 3, 2016 at 6:48:15 pm

Please try this - make a New > Color Matte, use a bright color

Drop that into sequence - does that have black edges?

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Thin Vertical Bars I can't get rid of on the side of my video
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 6:50:28 pm

If you have GPU acceleration enabled try turning it off.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 3, 2016 at 7:03:39 pm

Turned of GPU Acceleration and that did nothing.

But Jeff - the color matte appeared in the sequence without the black bars, so you may be onto something.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]