ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

PP CS 2015: Take clips from larger video files but NOT import / conform entire video.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim GuteriezPP CS 2015: Take clips from larger video files but NOT import / conform entire video.
by on Feb 2, 2016 at 9:04:33 pm

Hi,

Im on PC Adobe Premier Pro CC 2015 and have a question i have not been able to search out a solution to (nor find someone with a similar question, although i know it has to be a common issue).

I have several 3-5hour clips (10-20 GB each), from which i need to grab one or two 5 minute clips from, to then use in a PP project.

How can I pull or import just the 5 minute blocks of video from these larger clips, without having to import or conform the entire 5 hour clip?

Another way to state this question (with time-code examples):

ie I have a 14gb 5hourVideo.avi i need to extract just 3h 42m to 3h 38m, and use that clip in my PP project. Currently i would have to import (or drag into my media bin / media browser) the entire 5 hour, 14GB video , then cut out my clip. When i do this PP begins conforming the entire 14GB video (as it should), is their a way to import just the 3h 42m to 3h 38m so the entire file is not conformed? ( i need to do this same function from several 5 hour .avi video clips).

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: PP CS 2015: Take clips from larger video files but NOT import / conform entire video.
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 2:09:34 pm

Hi....

The answer might be After Effects.

Less prone to having to deal with the conform issue.

Import it....find the sections you want...

export as new clips in a friendly codec.

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: PP CS 2015: Take clips from larger video files but NOT import / conform entire video.
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 2:40:46 pm

Have you tried Prelude?

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: PP CS 2015: Take clips from larger video files but NOT import / conform entire video.
by on Feb 11, 2016 at 6:43:20 pm

Agree with Tero.

Take a look at Prelude. Here's an older video tutorial but should cover what your after.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-video/how-to-...

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]