ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Consolidating & Transcoding

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert WentzConsolidating & Transcoding
by on Feb 1, 2016 at 8:16:51 pm

When I want to consolidate and transcode a sequence it is not always because I am ready to archive a project.

Sometimes we have projects that need to get sent out of house from our SAN onto a drive, as quickly as humanly possible.

In this case it would be ideal if I could select a sequence, select a preset and transcode all clips within the sequence with handles to the selected preset.

In many cases we have mixed format sequences that need to be graded in resolve - but resolve does not always play well with mp4s and mixed format sequences as premiere does. In that case it would be ideal if we could simply select the sequence to go to grade and transcode the clips w/ handles to proRes4444s.

I understand Consolidate and Transcode does not support transcoding parameter changes (e.g.: frame size, frame rate, fielding or PAR) but I do find that baffling (use transcode in a sentence) and wonder if there is another simple way to get there from here?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]