ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Video freezes during export and lags out whole computer

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Bill Bill CleffroughVideo freezes during export and lags out whole computer
by on Jan 31, 2016 at 5:54:48 am

So I normally work in CS5.5, but for my new video I decided to give CC 2014 a try. I was rather liking it, and the whole editing process went pretty smoothly (save for a few crashes and audio conforming erros). However, after all my hours of work when I went to export my video, it progresses normally up until about 8%, where it freezes and then begins to lag out my whole computer to the point where I can barely move the mouse. If I leave it like this, I begin to get messages from Windows saying it needs to close Premiere because I don't have enough RAM (which is ridiculous, since I have 16 gigs and never experienced this issue in CS5.5).

I've tried tinkering with the export settings and moving it to Media Encoder, but the same thing always happens. I actually downloaded CC 2015 to see if I could move the project there and try exporting, but the same thing happens.

I really do not want to lose all my work, so any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Video freezes during export and lags out whole computer
by on Jan 31, 2016 at 2:08:02 pm

Computer specs? EXACT export/sequence settings? What kind of footage is it? Any effects used?

Return to posts index

Bill Bill CleffroughRe: Video freezes during export and lags out whole computer
by on Jan 31, 2016 at 5:01:41 pm

So, for some reason, when I tried this on Windows 10 it worked without freezing up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]