ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Open final cut xml file in PPro with lots of files named the same

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel SanchezOpen final cut xml file in PPro with lots of files named the same
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 9:05:30 am

Hi friends.

A client has sent me a final cut edit for me to finish it, colorize and make credits. I work with Premiere Pro CS6.
I have an XML with the final edit and all the footage (its a documentary 50 min. long, about 4TB of rough takes in external apple hard disk).
The problem is that the files in the hard disk are in a folder structure that contains, every folder, files named with the same name, like 00000.mts, 00001.mts, 00002.mts an so.
So i have lots of files named the same thing, but in different folders (for example, Shooting day 01, shooting day 02, and so..., every folder has a file named 00001.mts, 00002.mts...) Thats because they didn´t used a date filename in the camera setup, and everyday they formatted the SDCard in the camera, the files started to be named from 00000 again.

Usually when i have this problem, and i´m working with another editor in Premiere Pro, we always reproduce the same folder structure in both PPRO proyect pannels and when i need to reconstruct his proyect, i make everything offline, and then i look for the files in same hard disk folders than they are in the folder structure of the ppro proyect pannel, and everything works ok!

But now, i only have an XML, and when i import it to premiere, it pretends to import every rough file to an unique folder in ppro proyect pannel, where lots of files with same name have to stay together.
So which will be your workaround to solve this problem, how could i open a final cut existing proyect making sure the files in the edit are the same ones in the final cut original edit?

Is there any option in final cut to solve this? I´m afraid, PPro have no option for this...

Than you folks for your answers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]