ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Frame interpolation 30fps -> 60fps...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe shmowFrame interpolation 30fps -> 60fps...
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 4:21:25 am

I am looking to convert some old 30fps clips to 60fps (perhaps even higher). Soap opera effect as some call it. Is it possible to do this in Premiere Pro? I found a youtube video that describes how to do it in After Effects...

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Frame interpolation 30fps -> 60fps...
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 4:38:43 am

Soap operas are shot 30fps. Specifically 29.97 interlaced, or what is called 1080i60. Prior to HD, they were SD 29.97i. Now, what it's called 1080i60 is because the last number isn't the number of FRAMES per second, it's the number of IMAGES per second. Interlaced footage is two fields per frame, two images per frame. And 30 frames per second, so 60i...60 images per second.

So if you shoot 30fps...you have already shot the same frame rate as soap operas. TV is broadcast at 29.97fps... Well, unless it's FOX or ABC. Those are 720p60.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

joe shmowRe: Frame interpolation 30fps -> 60fps...
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 4:42:23 am

Hmm no soap opera effect is just a term, it has nothing to do with actual soap operas. It's how (some) people describe the effect of upsampling the fps to create smooth motion. All modern tvs have this feature built in, and I think it looks amazing.

See...

So the question - can I do this in Premiere Pro, or is it an After Effects only thing?

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Frame interpolation 30fps -> 60fps...
by on Jan 29, 2016 at 2:25:37 pm

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/973726

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]