ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Spinning Ball with long-form film project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthieu LaclauSpinning Ball with long-form film project
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 3:19:02 am

Hi,

I'm currently editing my 4th long form film in Premiere.
At the beginning, it's always fast but when my project starts to become bigger, I have spinning ball very often and the interface becomes slow.
I tried to import the final sequence in a new project, but it doesn't improve the speed. Resetting settings, deleting media cache files... doesn't really help.
I'm wondering how to improve that. I think my computer is powerful enough (Mac Pro 2013 6-core with 64GB of Ram and D700 GPUs). My footages are always on a Lacie 2Big Thunderbolt of 12Tb. And I put the media cache files on a thunderbolt SSD drive.
It's true that my sequence is not that simple, but I think it shouldn't get this slow. I have around 30 audio tracks, and I often have two tracks with subtitles (chinese and english).
Although, there is not a lot of cuts (usually around 300-400 shots for the kind of films I'm cutting).
Maybe it's coming from the HDD which could be faster, but I'm not sure at all.
Thanks for the ones who can give me some recommandations.

Matthieu Laclau.

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Spinning Ball with long-form film project
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 4:34:52 am

The media you are working with...what is it? What format, shot with what camera? Some codecs are more complex and harder to decode than others. H.264 and AVCHD (an H.264 variant) are complex and cause more slow downs than ProRes or DNxHD.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matthieu LaclauRe: Spinning Ball with long-form film project
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 8:04:43 am

Sorry, I should have precise that I'm working with DNxHR SQ 1080p this time. On my previous film, it's was prores LT and I was experiencing the same problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]