ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How do I resize a layer mask in Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill CleffroughHow do I resize a layer mask in Premiere?
by on Jan 24, 2016 at 4:28:58 pm

I'm using CC 2014, and I cannot figure out how to do a non uniform resize of a layer mask. After some searching, I found that holding shift and dragging when your cursor is on the edge will resize the whole thing, but how do I change the height and width? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Matt AndersonRe: How do I resize a layer mask in Premiere?
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 2:02:43 pm

As far as I understand it Bill, you will have to move the anchor points manually (click and drag).
Unless you can Hold shift, select one point, then while still holding shift, select the other and again, while holding shift, you move the anchor points or perhaps the line between said points.

What I would also suggest if you would rather have a more mathematical method of editing the size and shape of your masks is using the Effects browser.
If for example you want your top left and right anchors to be parallel, then you can adjust the X and Y numbers to coincide with one another, thus creating parallel anchor points on a shape.

Return to posts index

Bill Bill CleffroughRe: How do I resize a layer mask in Premiere?
by on Jan 25, 2016 at 9:33:47 pm

Maybe I'm missing something here, but in my effects control panel I do not see any options to change the X and Y values for my effects mask. The controls I see are "Mask Feather", "Mask Opacity" and "Mask Expansion".

Here is a picture: http://puu.sh/mJxzZ/c11035b3f3.png

Return to posts index

Matt AndersonRe: How do I resize a layer mask in Premiere?
by on Jan 28, 2016 at 11:37:57 am

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately after some investigation, it looks as though numerical alteration of the X and Y axis is not possible.
That said, holding shift while selecting two points does in fact allow you to move those points alone parallel ... not perfect but I suppose it is a conciliation.

Shame.

Return to posts index

Haroun HajemRe: How do I resize a layer mask in Premiere?
by on Feb 21, 2016 at 7:06:45 pm

First make an mask. Select two opposite anchor points on the mask. Hold shift while coursing your mouse over a third anchor point. A uniform cursor will appear, then your good to go. =D

That's the only way I know how to this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]