ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Relinking Preview/Render files in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan HackerRelinking Preview/Render files in Premiere
by on Jan 22, 2016 at 7:31:37 pm

Hello,

I work for Big Table Media, a company that produces shows for HGTV, DIY Network, and Travel Channel. We're in the process of moving out post-production workflow from FinalCut Pro 7 to Premiere Pro, and I'm running into a few transition pains regarding render files (which to my understanding, Premiere refers to as 'Preview' files).

After a sequence has been rendered and displays green render bars, I've noticed that making any changes to the content, ie deletion of graphic elements or changing the play speed of a single clip, will blow out the render files for the ENTIRE timeline and require an entire full re-render. Is there any way to isolate a segment or clip I'd like to re-render instead of having to do the entire sequence again? Our shows run roughly 22 minutes long so I'm looking at about 12 minutes to render a timeline anytime a change is made, no matter how small.

Secondly, Is there a way to manually reconnect render files if the link has broken for whatever reason, like if the preview folder has been moved or when moving the project drives between different computers? In our old Final Cut workflow, Render files had its own separate tab on the 'Reconnect Media' function, which made locating and relinking render files quite simple. Having to re-render an entire 22 minute sequence when the connection has been broken for whatever reason is becoming a big timesink.

Thanks for your help,
-Stefan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]