ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Frame Blending "issue" when changing speed in Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Catalin BudaFrame Blending "issue" when changing speed in Premiere Pro
by on Jan 21, 2016 at 5:48:04 pm

Hi guys

I don't understand the way frame-blending is done in Premiere when you slow down a clip.

For example, if I import a 29,97fps clip into a 29,97fps sequence and then I change the speed of that clip to 75% without enabling the Frame-Blending (and using the default Frame Sampling method for the Time Interpolation), the result is that every 3rd frame (of the original clip) is doubled, so I get: 1 2 3 3 4 5 6 6 7 8 9 9 and so on. Which is normal.

The problem is when I set Frame Blending for the Time Interpolation method. I expected to get frame blending only when a frame was doubled, like this: 1 2 3 (3+4) 4 5 6 (6+7) 7 8 9 (9+10) and so on, but instead, Premiere does it almost the opposite way and applies the frame blending to all the frames except the 3rds, so what I get is something like this: (1+2) (2+3) 3 (3+4) (4+5) (5+6) 6 (6+7) (7+8) (8+9) 9 (9+10).

Does anyone know why is this? Is there a way to change this behavior and make Premiere blend only the frames that are doubled?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Catalin BudaRe: Frame Blending "issue" when changing speed in Premiere Pro
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 1:10:24 am

Anyone?

I was thinking a lot of people encountered this issue when slowing down videos.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Frame Blending "issue" when changing speed in Premiere Pro
by on Feb 1, 2016 at 4:21:31 am

premiere creates new frames by nearest frame match. if you want another way, like time interpolation with optical flow, use that instead. if you just want another way to custmozie frame blending, you'll have to get avisynth.

Return to posts index

Catalin BudaRe: Frame Blending "issue" when changing speed in Premiere Pro
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 3:03:10 pm

Thanks, Chris!
I never used Avisynth, but I might give it a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]