ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

FIle Directory and MXF annoyance

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan BalchFIle Directory and MXF annoyance
by on Jan 19, 2016 at 9:27:59 pm

I'm cutting a project on PPro CC and searching for video using Media Browser. Most of my video has been imported in native MXF. If you're familiar with MXF, you've probably had to deal with filtering through all of the files to get down to the one .MXF clip you want. Usually Media Browser drills down through all of that for me, but there are several projects that is not happening for. Instead of clicking on a folder called "B-ROLL" and having all my mxf files pop up, I have to deal with "B-Roll">"Contents">Clips.... etc. only to get one clip.

My File directory is selected as "All Files" and on file view (the little eyeball) all options are greyed out except "All Files".

Any words of advice to help me get past the annoyance of having to filter through my mxf folders manually?

Alan Balch
• • • • • • •
Videographer/Carle Foundation Hosptial
alan.balch@carle.com

Return to posts index

John PritchettRe: FIle Directory and MXF annoyance
by on Jan 19, 2016 at 9:46:21 pm

Im having a similar issue here Alan! I have a feeling your file directory could be incorrect.
Im importing Sony F55 RAW mxf media using media browser. It sees all the individual mxf clips but not as an entire 'reel'.
Next issue is the way Media Browser is seeing the RAW clips. They are massively blown out. I assume this is due to PP not reading the XML sidecar file & therefore not displaying the RAW correctly.
Resolve 'sees' them correctly. For previous versions of PP there was a plugin that needed to be installed. On CC 2015 apparently this is built into the software on install...but doesn't seem to be functioning on my system...
Lets hope someone knows???

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: FIle Directory and MXF annoyance
by on Jan 20, 2016 at 2:56:36 pm

as far as the number of clips and structure.....

if browsing from the desktop....

does the directory in question include the "lastclip.txt"

it's easy enough to make if it's not there

example:

0029LR

name of last file
version (always 1.0)
total number of clips in the directory

that's the only thing I can think that would throw it in a way that's easily fixable....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]