ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Need Assistance Please

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich RuleNeed Assistance Please
by on Jan 18, 2016 at 10:21:32 pm

Hello. I apologize if this has been asked before, but I was unable to find the answer I needed.

I am currently editing a feature and was wanting to split the duties with another editor. My question is, can you merge multiple projects together to make one timeline from separate computers?

I want to edit the first half of the film while editor #2 does the second half. I am using CC 2015 on a Mac and he is using CS6 on a PC. He sent me his edited projects but I cannot retrieve the clips. We have identical folders of clips on our externals.

Do I need his external to import the project with the clips? I was hoping that the project would find the clips from my external and import them. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

~PS: I can find the clips, but the ok button is greyed out and won't allow me to go further.

Return to posts index

Cameron WarnRe: Need Assistance Please
by on Jan 19, 2016 at 2:07:57 am

Hi. Some questions for you.

How are you trying to import the other editors completed sequences? Are you importing directly through media browser or using an XML or similar? You say that you can't retrieve the clips, does this mean you have been able to import his sequences but that the media does not appear online?

I regularly import other peoples sequences through media browser with no issues, but we are on the same platform and software version.

Return to posts index

Rich RuleRe: Need Assistance Please
by on Jan 19, 2016 at 1:08:07 pm

Hello. Thanks for the reply. I am trying to import the entire projects. He emailed me the projects. I am not online when trying to import. I open the program and import that way. I have to locate the clips when trying to import. The clips appear, but the OK button is greyed out and won't allow me to continue without hitting cancel; which causes me to not import the clips. The timeline then shows up with the project, but it doesn't show the clips due to me not being able to bring the clips in.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Need Assistance Please
by on Jan 19, 2016 at 7:33:44 am

[Rich Rule] "I am using CC 2015 on a Mac and he is using CS6 on a PC. He sent me his edited projects but I cannot retrieve the clips. We have identical folders of clips on our externals."

Windows and Mac have different file paths. You'll need to relink the files on your end.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 19, 2016 at 1:10:33 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have located the media, but the OK gets greyed out not allowing me to proceed without canceling.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Need Assistance Please
by on Jan 19, 2016 at 3:50:15 pm

[Rich Rule] "OK gets greyed out"

Where is this happening?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 19, 2016 at 5:45:27 pm

When I load the project, it gives me a list of missing clips. On the bottom of that list it has a button that says locate. I click it and choose the directory for the search to take place. It finds the media and displays the clips. At the bottom under the locate button it says OK and cancel. The OK button is grayed out. I thought that it was still taking time to upload the files, so I waited about 15 minutes and it was still grayed out. At the beginning before the project was loaded, there was an error stating [This project was last used with Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) which is not available on your system. Mercury Playback Engine Software Only will be used.] I only receive this error with his projects, but it did let me open it before after having to upgrade premiere.

Return to posts index

Cameron WarnRe: Need Assistance Please
by on Jan 20, 2016 at 1:08:01 am

Don't think the Mercury playback engine message relates to your issue. This is about the use of a Nvidia GFX card that the other editor had which your system does not.

I am trying to recreate your problem with the 'OK' option being greyed out, but have not run into this yet.

Have you tried exporting an XML from his projects and imported it into your own? Won't fix the issue you are having but should get you working again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]