ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Different timelines setting in same project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fernando alvesDifferent timelines setting in same project
by on Jan 18, 2016 at 9:05:15 pm

Hello guys,

I need to delivery two exports: a H264 and a XDCAM. What I have done:

I set two differents timelines with the same material. I rendered both sequences, but when I finished to render the second sequence, I lost all the render. It was all green and then when the second sequence has finished the render, it all went red. Why did it happen?

thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Different timelines setting in same project
by on Jan 18, 2016 at 10:18:36 pm

Not sure why you would need two timelines - the export format is determined when you export, not when setting up a Sequence.

Also, there is no need to render the timeline itself usually, unless the effects are so heavy that you can't get smooth playback for a segment you wish to review/check results of. You can leave parts of the timeline red or yellow and when you export, the source video is rendered direct to the output format.

When you render previews, and also check the "Use Previews" button in Export settings, you are adding a generation of compression since you are taking the rendered preview clips (temp clips) and compressing them yet again.

Many former FCP users render the timeline out of habit, not necessary with Premiere most of the time though, please see - http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2011/02/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars...

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

fernando alvesRe: Different timelines setting in same project
by on Jan 19, 2016 at 1:35:43 pm

Hi Jeff,

How are you? Thanks a lot for your reply!I am working in a project using Dynimic Link with After Effects. All my sequence is Dynimic linked to After effects compositions. I can´t play it in real time. So i need to "render"it.

Well, I understand that for export differents settings of sequences I don´t need to make more than one sequence. I just set the sequence output in the export panel.

Reading the article you have sent, I understand that I dont really need to render the sequence unless it can´t be play in real time. My dynamic linked sequence can´t be play in real time unless I render it. So i will render it.

My doubt now is about the export. Now my timeline is all green. If I export "matching sequence settings", there is no need to enconde anything, but if i set to export it in a different sequence settings, it will enconde. Am I right? My problem is: i don´t really know the Premiere export workflow. As you said, I am a former FCP user. What I used to do was export in Pro Res HQ and use it as my master and then convert this Pro Res HQ to the diffrents formats the client ask to. Now i am working in a PC and it doenst have Pro Res.

Well is it for now.

Thanks a lot, Jeef!!!

Take care.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]