ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Linking ALL media

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sarah struninLinking ALL media
by on Jan 16, 2016 at 9:26:18 pm

I'm attempting to open a project on another computer but when the "link media" window opens, I have to link each individual file separately. I have hundreds of files and need a shortcut. I've done this in the past and it always links all the media automatically. I have the "link all other files" box checked, so that's not the issue. And it won't let me highlight all of the files when locating them. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Thomas BrecheisenRe: Linking ALL media
by on Jan 17, 2016 at 5:05:48 am

Hard to tell, there could be several things, but here's what I've experienced in the past.

Premiere needs both the file name and the location to be the same as it was when first imported. Did you use a process or program to change the file names as a batch? Is the file structure the same as it was when first imported?

Of course there may be many other reasons this isn't working, but in my experience, if the names and file structure is the same (or similar enough for Premiere to "fix" it), you should be good.

Not sure if it helps, but something to also look into. Good luck.

Return to posts index

JP PelcRe: Linking ALL media
by on Jan 18, 2016 at 7:35:22 pm

PC or mac? On Mac it generally finds everything with no problem once one item is linked. On PC that has not always worked for me

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]