ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Audio Track Missing After Export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mykal WilliamsAudio Track Missing After Export
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 11:39:23 pm

So I'm having a very frustrating issue. I did a Skype call recording for a youtube video between me and one other person. Afterwards the audio was saved as a .mov. I edited the audio in premiere, added clips, etc. and everything was fine.

However, after it exports my voice is gone, but you can still hear the other person, as well as the background music I added. I've tried multiple things: changing it to mono, changing it to multitrack, dumping it as just audio, but nothing's working.

What could possibly be the problem? I'm trying to get this video out ASAP today, so immediate help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Nathan McAlpineRe: Audio Track Missing After Export
by on Jan 16, 2016 at 12:55:57 pm

Does your audio playback properly in the timeline? I often run into the problem where the audio track is in the timeline but there are no waveforms and the audio doesn't play. I have to make that audio track off line and then relink it to make the audio play again. Really frustrating, especially in a project with multiple audio tracks. I'm always paranoid that a sound effect or something will get lost and I won't notice until well after it's been exported.

I hope you got your project exported in time!

Nathan McAlpine
Commercial Producer

Return to posts index

Cliff FergusonRe: Audio Track Missing After Export
by on Jan 28, 2016 at 8:58:22 am

Strange isn't it? That I cannot compile a video made from multiple extracts from several other videos, and export both the audio from each individual track and a second background music track as audio track 2.

Wait a minute - yes you can! A little untidy but very easy.

I assume when you play the video in the timeline you can hear all of the attached audio tracks when you play the video?

If so, just bring up "Voice Recorder" in Windows and start it. Then play your compiled video in Premiere Pro. Stop the recorder when your video is finished.

Delete or disable all of your audio tracks in Premiere and import to the timeline the new recording you have just made with Voice Recorder. Tweak the new audio track to sync with your video. You now have video plus one audio track containing all of the separate audio tracks you had in the original compilation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]