ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Danger Lines and Missing Clips using Project Manager Consolidation

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan HackerDanger Lines and Missing Clips using Project Manager Consolidation
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 7:13:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I work in Mastering & Archives for a company that produces nationally broadcast shows for HGTV, DIY Network, and Travel Channel. We're deep into the transition from Final Cut 7 to Premiere and I'm wrapping my head around the archival methods available in this suite, specifically Project Manager and its 'Consolidate and Transcode' function, as this mirrors how we backed up our media in FCP.

I've set the media to use 'Individual Clips' as a source and 'Match Source - ProRes 422 (LT)' as my preset, as our A- and B-Cam material uses that codec and I'd like all other assets to match. During the Transcode operation I receive numerous errors that say "Transcode failure: unable to match audio channels. Clip XXX was copied." This creates a duplicate of the entire source clip instead of a trimmed one, which is not too much of an issue as we have enough drive space to accommodate a few raw clips.

However, the real problem appears after opening up the completed Premiere project file after the Transcode and Consolidate operation has finished. A number of clips have danger lines on them, and will not display any video or audio when the playhead encounters that spot. I've posted a picture below:

Both clips with bars, MOSS FRAME 05 and 06, will not play any media - I rendered MOSS FRAME 05 on the left and though it displays a green render bar, no video will appear. Double-clicking on either of the clips with dangers lines displays nothing in the media viewer, and revealing the clip in the project points to a single source clip in the bin. I've attempted numerous times to offline those clips and force re-link to several clips in the transcoded media folder, both the original MOSS FRAME 05.mov and its shorter, consolidated clips, but to no avail. Offlining a single clip takes down all clips that reference MOSS FRAME 05, so I cannot individually re-link clips.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]