ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How to merge and link A/V in one step?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick O'DonnellHow to merge and link A/V in one step?
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 5:08:16 pm

Hi guys,
Have a quick question. I'm switching over from FCP7 to Premiere Pro (the latest version). I'm an editor so speed and ease of use is really important to me.

Basically in FCP7 when I link a clip and drag it into the bin area it creates a new, linked clip that I then rename.

If I'm understanding it right, the equivalent in Premiere Pro is to merge a clip. But whenever I drag a merged clip into the timeline, it's not linked (I can't click the audio or video and highlight the entire merged clip, but instead it just highlights the respective track I clicked). To me, in terms of speed, it's fairly useless if my merged clips aren't linked. I've spoken to friends who use Premiere, and their workaround is to simply "link" a merged clip every single time they drag a new selection into the timeline. But that's adding another step and I'm always pulling clips very fast and wouldn't like to bother with that if possible.

I have to imagine there's a quicker/easier way for me to merge a clip and have it be linked at the same time. Even if I link an A/V track together, and drag it into the bin area and merge it, the process of merging the clips will actually UNLINK the clips.

Am I making sense and does anyone know if I'm able to either create a new clip off of a linked clip OR merge clips and have them be linked at the same time?

Thanks,
Sheridan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]