ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Moving Project from one drive to a cloned drive

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manuel "Manoli" TsingarisMoving Project from one drive to a cloned drive
by on Jan 12, 2016 at 11:12:35 pm

I'm running the most upto date PremierPro on a MacBook Pro running OS X yosemite. I built a project with material on "DriveA" and need to open a copy of the project on a cloned drive, "DriveB". When I launch the copied project it shows me the OLD path to 'DriveA' and will not search on 'DriveB' for the same footage. When I hit search, it starts looking through my applications folder and never gets to 'DriveB'. What step am i missing because my film needs to be shuttled between two mirrored drives. Thank you,
Manuel

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Moving Project from one drive to a cloned drive
by on Jan 13, 2016 at 4:05:30 am

If you click Search a second time, then it should search for the next match across other locations and drives. If for some reason that still does not work, try manually going to DriveB and selecting the first clip for relink. If "Relink others automatically" option is checked in the main Link Media dialog (which it should be, by default), then it should automatically link the clips from that drive location.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Manuel "Manoli" TsingarisRe: Moving Project from one drive to a cloned drive
by on Jan 13, 2016 at 7:05:33 pm

Thank you for responding. After trying all recommendations I tried deselecting "Use Media Browser to locate files" and it work exactly as it should, after I pointed it to the first file on "DriveB". Thank you for responding. This is a good one to remember for future requests. Peace, M

Return to posts index

Mark NorgateRe: Moving Project from one drive to a cloned drive
by on Jan 13, 2016 at 2:03:54 pm

Can you disconnect Drive A when you launch the cloned project? That way even if it doesn't find it you can just relink. Failing that you could temporarily rename the folder where the rushes are stored on Drive A so premiere wont recognise it and then when it asked to relink, relink to Drive B.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]