ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Getting Rid of Black/Green in Background

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe RiveraGetting Rid of Black/Green in Background
by on Jan 12, 2016 at 1:16:10 am
Last Edited By Joe Rivera on Jan 12, 2016 at 1:22:29 am

Hello! I need some help with a project I'm working on in Premiere CS6. I know there probably was a way better way to shoot this, but I have what I have and I need to try and fix this as best I can.

I'm editing a video featuring a puppet against black, where the puppeteers are wearing all black, except the lead puppeteer who is also wearing a green mask. At the time we were thinking all we would need to do would be to key out the green, but it seems this was a mistake. We can still the puppeteer moving in all shots-- the black background doesn't match the black shirts/the chroma keyed mask.

What I need to know is the best way to cut out the puppeteer in the background. I've considered just making a matte and cutting him out that way, but there are a few moments where the puppets hands cross over the puppeteers face/body. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have access to After Effects, but have a very beginner's knowledge of the program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]