ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Largest Size project in Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt KohnLargest Size project in Premiere Pro
by on Jan 11, 2016 at 11:39:48 pm

I am making the transition from FCP7 to PPro. In the past I had a lot of problems with FCP crashing because my file sizes were too big.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the size a PPro file can be?

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: Largest Size project in Premiere Pro
by on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:56:36 am

Hi Matt,

Premiere does not have an explicit file size limit. We've done a lot of work over the past few years improving support and stability for large files and project sizes. With the growing number of RAW format users this has been very important.

Let us know if you have any specific questions.

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Matt KohnRe: Largest Size project in Premiere Pro
by on Jan 13, 2016 at 6:18:55 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. So, to be more clear on my part, I was asking specifically about the size of the project in total.

I am hoping that inside of PPro I will be able to secure many different iterations of large, long sequences. In FCP7 I've had to separate the whole into project files that are parts. If I add up how large they are in FCP7, I would guess that the project file full of information could become as large as 2 gigs.

Will that crash or slow down the operation of PPro?

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: Largest Size project in Premiere Pro
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 12:22:42 am
Last Edited By Peter Garaway on Jan 14, 2016 at 12:23:37 am

Hi Mark,

I don't foresee you having any issues. We've done quite a bit of work in CC 2015 to reduce project sizes. There's a few things that can cause the project size to increase, Warp Stabilizer, Mask tracking, and Master clip LUTs but even in those cases the application remains stable.

Please let us know if you encounter any issues!

Hope you enjoy the transition to Premiere.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]