ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Phantom Audio Dubbing in Video Footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rickie PeetePhantom Audio Dubbing in Video Footage
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 2:30:15 am
Last Edited By Rickie Peete on Jan 4, 2016 at 2:47:36 am

Hello. One of my video clips (about 15 mins) from a project of about 20 video clips (totaling more than 2 hours)on my timeline becomes problematic once added into Premiere CS6. However, when I play it outside of Premiere Pro CS6 it runs as it should. The problem is: I import the video clip into Premiere Pro CS6, then I play it and it plays as it should until around the 8 minute mark; at that point, the audio from the beginning 1 -7 minutes of the video clip some how dubs over and supplants the audio that should be in the video going forward to the end. So, now the video has audio that does not match. This beginning 7 minutes of audio plays until the end of the video clip. This audio does not lay on top of the original audio that should be there; it totally takes its place,and the result is audio that does not match the video (from the 8 minute mark to the end of the video). Also, I created a new project that only had that one video clip and the problematic result was the same. None of the other 20 video clips had this issue; the other video clips come from the same camera and were all taken at the same time during one event. And as I mentioned, when I play the clip outside of Premiere Pro CS6 there are no issues. Any thoughts as to what is causing this?

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Phantom Audio Dubbing in Video Footage
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 10:09:03 pm

Rickie, please let us know what type of footage it is (container and codec). Also,dimensions and frame rate. Does your original timeline match the properties of the footage?

Are you importing into the bin using CTRL+I (or CMD+I on the Mac)? Or are you using the Media browser for import?

If the former, try importing using the media browser. It is smarter about correctly handling certain file types.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]