ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere crashes on startup before and after 2015.1 upgrade

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared LandryPremiere crashes on startup before and after 2015.1 upgrade
by on Dec 30, 2015 at 7:09:56 pm

This morning I was doing some work on a project, small adjustments, then I sent it to Encoder to be rendered. I remembered that I had turned the opacity on a layer off so I could work a little faster (the layer has a lot of denoising going on). I stopped the encode, went to open up Premiere so I could turn it back on and re-render, and all of a sudden, it crashes on startup. It gets through the splash page fine, but then just crashes.

Even though I know better than upgrading mid-project, I upgraded to the Nov 2015.1 update (I think I had been using 2015.0, whatever the second-newest version is) hoping it would help somehow. It didn't, I'm having the exact same problem only now with the extra step of seeing the "This project was made in a previous version, please rename and save" dialog box. It crashes right after.

All of my other Adobe programs are working perfectly fine. I've tried reinstalling, and right now I'm trying to figure out how to go back to a previous update, even though it was crashing on me before I upgraded. I already cleared out my preview cache, updated my GPU driver, ran as admin, did the whole ctrl-shift-alt thing, and restarted my system. I even ran chkdsk f/ on the drive I'm working off of (an external USB 3.0 drive, it's just 1080p so I never have issues) to see if there were some issues.

If anyone could help me revert to the Sept version or suggest something else I should try, that would be awesome.

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: Premiere crashes on startup before and after 2015.1 upgrade
by on Dec 30, 2015 at 10:56:13 pm

Have you tried creating a new project and importing your sequences through media browser from the project that keeps crashing?

If you need to install the old version, which will install next to CC2015.1 just fine, go to the CC desktop application and go to the find additional Apps button and change the all apps to view previous versions. You can then download the version you used to have and incrementally upgrade it back up with the updates until you get back to the version you need. You might need to install any plugins you used to have prior to upgrading.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]