ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How transfer Sony Vegas file to Premiere Pro CC?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean GarrisonHow transfer Sony Vegas file to Premiere Pro CC?
by on Dec 30, 2015 at 8:25:13 am

Hey guys,

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro for a couple of days and before this I always used and still sometimes use Sony Vegas. THen I got some problems with uploading it to Youtube because of that encode settings. I wanted it to try render & and upload it with Adobe Premiere Pro and surprisingly the quality was exactly same as the source video file. So I am now using the Premiere Pro.

My question is: I used the 'Export to AE/Premiere Pro' button in Sony Vegas and then opened the exported file in Premiere Pro and there is nothing in it. (It only asked to convert it because some of previous version?? without losing original window and a window with locate the video files) My Sony Vegas file was just only some couple of video's that I needed to located in Premiere Pro and lot of subtitles. [with no effects or something, it is just only subtitles!] I watched in the log menu of this export feature and it just says "ignored the generated media text." I tried with a EDL file but in Premiere Pro there is nothing, just empty.. Nothing of it!

Can someone please help me to transfer this Sony Vegas file to Premiere Pro. I can understand the effects will be gone, but I dont want to generate subtitles over again because it took me lot of time. Sorry for my bad English.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: How transfer Sony Vegas file to Premiere Pro CC?
by on Dec 30, 2015 at 10:42:34 am

[Sean Garrison] "I watched in the log menu of this export feature and it just says "ignored the generated media text.""

Well apparently the Sony title tool is not supported with that particular export feature.

[Sean Garrison] "I tried with a EDL file"

EDL is a pretty old format and only supports cross dissolves and speed effects.

Return to posts index

Sean GarrisonRe: How transfer Sony Vegas file to Premiere Pro CC?
by on Dec 30, 2015 at 11:04:59 am

Is there any solution of it? Do I need to re-subtitle the whole video again, but then in Premiere Pro? :(

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: How transfer Sony Vegas file to Premiere Pro CC?
by on Dec 30, 2015 at 1:44:46 pm

If those are your exporting options then yes. You'll need to do it again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]