ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Replace Footage - multiple sections of the same clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham GardenerReplace Footage - multiple sections of the same clip
by on Dec 28, 2015 at 7:27:28 pm

Hi, is it possible to use the Replace Footage facility in Premier Pro CS6 when there are multiple pieces of the same clip in use?

Let me explain the background and the problem in a little more detail. I arrived at this dilemma because I encountered a problem using the shadow/highlight effect; which worked perfectly with premiers previews but caused a pulsing effect when the project was rendered out, regardless of the render or codec settings. I found many posts on the subject and whilst most solutions suggested that this was caused by the auto setting, I never used auto and could not find a solution within premier.

My work around was to take each individual clip into After Effects and apply the filters before rendering them out and using these new clips in premier. Although long winded, it has solved the issue. However, I filmed a 12 minute interview which I carved up into 8 short clips which are used in the programme at various points. The individual pieces of the clip are carefully edited to keep the dialogue natural with suitable cutaways to mask the edit points. Some of these use both audio and visuals whilst others only use the audio component.

My question is – how will premier cope with this if I use the replace footage facility? Clearly I can use the undo facility or create a copy of the project file before I take the plunge but thought I’d ask the community if anyone has tried this before?

Incidentally the original clip was AVCHD with a .MTS suffix but my rendered clip, although exactly the same duration, is .mp4 using H264.

Thank You

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]