ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

rendering dual language audio tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jarrick Harrisrendering dual language audio tracks
by on Dec 23, 2015 at 12:56:24 pm

Hi all,

I've tried searching for help with this but it always seems to turn out unrelated stuff.

I've made a movie and have two sterio audio tracks - one in English and the other in German and I want to render it so that, when played, people can chose which audio track to play from their player menu - just like playing standard dvd films.

So I need some advice on how to set up my project and the export options so that it will do this instead of combining the audio tracks into one, and it's not something I can experiment with because the movie will take about 50 hours to render - so I want to get it right the first time.

If anyone could let me know or point me to a tutorial, that would be most appreciated.

cheers

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: rendering dual language audio tracks
by on Dec 23, 2015 at 1:20:14 pm
Last Edited By Ivan Myles on Dec 23, 2015 at 1:22:47 pm

What are your delivery specs (codecs and media)? Do you plan to create discs (DVD/Blu-ray)?

Alternative audio tracks are saved as separate files and selected using the disc's menu system. If you are trying to create a multiplexed standalone file--for example, H.264 for web distribution--you will need to create separate files for each language.

BTW, use short clips as test files instead of rendering the entire project.

Return to posts index

Jarrick HarrisRe: rendering dual language audio tracks
by on Dec 23, 2015 at 1:44:51 pm

Hi,

The video footage is in MP4 format (I think H264)and can stay like that - I'm only going to be playing this on the pc. The audio are wav files. Other MP4 movie files I've come accross have multi language audio options without separate files so I guess there's a way of combining it all - You may be able to tell that I don't have much of a clue about all this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]