ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Intermittent Sub Black's using Eyeheight (Adstream)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saxon RixIntermittent Sub Black's using Eyeheight (Adstream)
by on Dec 22, 2015 at 6:51:18 pm

Hi guys,

I have been submitting a handful of commercials to Adstream here in the UK.

The first few I "legalised" using the video limiter in premiere CC. However, They failed due to sub Black's.

After this Adstream sent a tutorial for me showing that "video limiter" simply doesn't work apparently, and to instead use the plugin from eyeheight.

So I followed the tutorial (applying the exact settings they suggested: max=110% min=-20%) and it still failed due to sub Blacks(!?)

Even after this I tried min=-10% instead, but it still failed due to sub-blacks.

Can anyone suggest a sure fire way to get legal levels through premiere pro? Video limiter & eyeheight don't seem to be working for me :/.

In fact, eyeheight is very buggy, causing the monitor in premiere pro to go black at times, and won't return to normal until I restart the app.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mike KellandRe: Intermittent Sub Black's using Eyeheight (Adstream)
by on Dec 26, 2015 at 8:00:54 am

I use the eyeheight legaliser quite often. Only issue I had was with still images (with ken burns moves etc) rendering with illegal levels. It happened when I nested a progressive sequence into an interlaced sequence, so I could have interlaced scrolling credits with the rest of the doco having progressive pan and scan etc. Otherwise it has been very reliable, albeit super slow to render/export. I use the 'extra safe' setting. Have you got the plugin on an adjustment layer? I.e. It needs to be the last effect in the chain to work properly.

Cheers,
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]