ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premier 6 to 5.5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory KeenanPremier 6 to 5.5
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 11:53:01 pm

Someone sent me a rough cut that I need to open in Premier CS 5.5

I'm new to Premier (mostly Avid, and used to cut on FCP7).
I believe this rough cut was done in Premier 6.0. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to open this rough cut in Premier 5.5 ????

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Premier 6 to 5.5
by on Dec 22, 2015 at 7:17:40 am

The answer is almost definitely NO. That being said, just have them send the project file, without the media, and test it to see if you can even open it.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Premier 6 to 5.5
by on Dec 22, 2015 at 2:38:30 pm

It's been my experience with various versions of Premiere over many years that you can never go backwards. Projects made in older versions of Premiere can always be opened in newer versions, but not the reverse.

However...you might be able to do this: have your associate Export as Final Cut Pro XML format (File > Export > FCP XML).

You can create a New Project, then open the XML file using IMPORT. I've heard of this before, but had never tried it. Just did, and it worked! No guarantee that all effects and transitions will translate perfectly, but for cuts everything should be the same. Certainly worth a try.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]