ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Two cameras, wildly different timecodes. Can I simply offset one?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David FriedmanTwo cameras, wildly different timecodes. Can I simply offset one?
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 8:01:03 pm

I shot an event with two cameras (c300 and c300mkII). The timecodes are wildly out of sync. I don't need them to be perfectly synced, but I'd like to be able to view all my clips from both cameras in the same bin in roughly chronological order.

I know the timecode on one camera is accurate. Is there a way to offset the timecode on all the other camera's clips at once so I can make them similar?

(Assume that both cameras were using Time Of Day timecode, and one just had the wrong time set).

I feel like this should be simple, but I can't find a clear answer.

Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Two cameras, wildly different timecodes. Can I simply offset one?
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 8:51:22 pm

Hi David,

Try right clicking on the clip Modify > Timecode. You can match to a current frame of change the starting timecode value.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

David FriedmanRe: Two cameras, wildly different timecodes. Can I simply offset one?
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 9:01:15 pm

I tried that, but maybe I'm missing something. If I select all the clips from camera B and change the starting time code value to a specific time, it makes that the Media Start value for all the clips from that camera. That's not what I want. I just want to say "For all these clips, offset the start time by X amount".

Am I misunderstanding how to do that?

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Two cameras, wildly different timecodes. Can I simply offset one?
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 9:13:52 pm

Got it, I thought you had a continuous recording. Then you might try to synchronize via audio. Once your clips are in the timeline, select both clips > Synchronize and choose audio. Makes sense?

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

David FriedmanRe: Two cameras, wildly different timecodes. Can I simply offset one?
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 10:04:16 pm

There are dozens of clips. And I don't have audio to sync them from, unfortunately. It's not about syncing for a multi-cam setup, just for my own organization going through the footage. It would be nice to have the clips from both cameras all together in roughly chronological order.

I'm kicking myself for not checking the clocks before the shoot.

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]