ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Calling on the Creative Cow Gurus : Multiple codec formats/4k/YouTube

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas BrigantinoCalling on the Creative Cow Gurus : Multiple codec formats/4k/YouTube
by on Dec 20, 2015 at 6:49:43 am

Hi,

First off, forgive me if I explain something that does not make entire sense, I am trying to figure this out and have come to my ends with it.

Here goes:

I screen capture using Open Broadcast Software at 60 frames per second and a bitrate at 70mb per second in x264 format. That is the first piece of footage.

Then I have a AVI of a After Effects Title Opener at 4k resolution.

I bring both into Premier Pro putting the AVI first and the Open Broadcast Software recording second. The Title Opener and then the content that was recorded on my screen.

Here is where I sorta get stuck...I probably already made errors in what I wrote above so I will just add more... :)

To get the smallest file size that meets YouTube requirement for 4k video which is:

Container: MP4
Audio Code: AAC-LC
Video Code: H.264
Progressive scan (no interlacing)
High Profile
2 consecutive B frames
Closed GOP. GOP of half the frame rate.
CABAC
Variable bitrate. No bitrate limit required, though we offer recommended bit rates below for reference
Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0
Frame Rate: 60
Bitrate: 53-68mbps

What should my settings be in Premiere Pro?

Also, if I export from Premiere Pro will Handbrake reduce the file size any further?

Thank you for reading this laborious post...all help is welcome.

Thomas

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Calling on the Creative Cow Gurus : Multiple codec formats/4k/YouTube
by on Dec 20, 2015 at 8:47:22 am

[Thomas Brigantino] "What should my settings be in Premiere Pro?"

Well you can export the file from Premiere with the Youtube specs. If you have the latest Premiere you should have presets under the H264 format for this.

Here's the important parts:

Container: MP4
Audio Code: AAC
Format: H.264
Progressive scan (no interlacing)
High Profile
Variable bitrate.
Bitrate: 53-68mbps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]