ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Videos without Render Bars in Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan DeStefanoVideos without Render Bars in Premiere Pro
by on Dec 19, 2015 at 7:39:37 pm

Hi Guys, quick question. I'm editing a video and using mixed resolution ProRes media. For some reason, the green/yellow/red render bar only shows up on some of the videos and for others, it's blank. This is an issue because playback is choppy and I want to render them, but they don't seem to want to be rendered. At first it seemed like a 1080p/4K issue, but now it looks like it's doing it for all sorts of media. Has anyone else run into this? I'm using the most recent update of Premiere Pro and El Capitan on a Mac.

Return to posts index

Dan DeStefanoRe: Videos without Render Bars in Premiere Pro
by on Dec 19, 2015 at 10:28:34 pm

Ugh. So basically, Premiere says it will defninitely play the clips without issue, but then when it plays back, they're stutters as hell. Dammit! Is there a workaround for this?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Videos without Render Bars in Premiere Pro
by on Dec 20, 2015 at 8:53:56 am

If you have 4K prores and your sequences preview media is 4K prores Premiere will show that it should be playable without rendering IF your computer can handle it. Premiere can't say that you can run it 100% if it has some kind of color bar on it. If your preview codec is too heavy you might even have problems after rendering if your computer cannot run the preview file you have created. You still need a fast computer and a fast drive to run the latest stuff in real time.

The enter-shortcut for render only renders the red clips. That usually means they have some effects on them. You can use the render selected or the render in to out commands to force a render.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]