ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Mouse Wheel Scroll Speed Change After Premiere CC Update

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark MayrMouse Wheel Scroll Speed Change After Premiere CC Update
by on Dec 19, 2015 at 2:49:31 am

Hey Guys!
So while editing in the latest version of Premiere CC, I've noticed a bug that I can't find a fix for.
While scrolling with the mouse wheel, with the cursor on the playback screen, it usually 'scrubs' in a familiar, reasonable speed. Only since the update, when I scroll, the playback head will shoot across the timeline too quickly. I've attempted to fix by going to System Preferences (Mac), however the OS's scroll speed has no effect on premiere's. And inside of Premiere I'm only given scroll options of Vertical and Horizontal, nothing speed related.
Am I missing a setting/option somewhere, and is anyone else experiencing this since the update last week?
Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Mouse Wheel Scroll Speed Change After Premiere CC Update
by on Dec 19, 2015 at 10:53:59 pm

I have seen this also on Windows
I often gets stuck then shoots forwards or backward depending on which way I scroll

Adobe fixed the scroll direction in the Program window but not for the better.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Mark MayrRe: Mouse Wheel Scroll Speed Change After Premiere CC Update
by on Dec 20, 2015 at 12:39:40 am

Interesting... I wonder what the fix is?
I'm manually click and dragging the playhead to scrub in the mean time. But I can't wait to return to scrolling, which feels way more intuitive.

Return to posts index

Royce JenningsRe: Mouse Wheel Scroll Speed Change After Premiere CC Update
by on Mar 24, 2016 at 3:39:58 pm

I just found this issue too and it's driving me crazy! =O I use the mouse wheel scrub frequently, and for Adobe to change the way it works without the option to choose between linear and accelerated in prefs is pretty baffling. PLEASE ADOBE REVERT OR ADD OPTION IN GEN PREFS!

Return to posts index

Rob GrauertRe: Mouse Wheel Scroll Speed Change After Premiere CC Update
by on Mar 31, 2016 at 4:01:48 pm

If you place your cursor in the grey area of the Program Monitor, the scroll wheel will work frame-by-frame regardless of how fast your scroll.

If you place the cursor in the video image of the Program Monitor, it will do the annoying fast scrolling.

Really stoopid in my opinion, but we'll see if it grows on me.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.vimeo.com/robgrauert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]