ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Not understanding export workflow -- New to Premiere > from FCP7

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian RoseNot understanding export workflow -- New to Premiere > from FCP7
by on Dec 17, 2015 at 4:53:08 pm

I have been editing in FCP7 for quite some time now and have recently switched over to Premiere. I am working within the application pretty well, but am having some difficulty in the exporting process that I was hoping someone could shed some light on.

I have 2 different cameras that i am shooting with; Canon 7D and Canon 70D. When I shoot a clip from my 7D and edit it on my "HOME" computer and then export the sequence out, it allows me to "Match Source - Rewrap" and this looks equivalent to exporting a "self-contained" file from FCP7. End result looks crisp and seems to have a large file size which tells me its not super compressed.

The problem is when I take that same workflow to my "WORK" computer, I try and export using the "Match Source" option and I get an error message that reads: "The source file's video stream is not compatible with this preset. Please choose a different preset.".

I am trying to understand why it is doing that and the best exporting workflow to achieve a non-compressed master file. I also like the feature of being able to upload straight to YouTube on my "Home" computer ... but this isn't possible to do on my "WORK" computer due to this error message.

I do see and am aware of the "Match Sequence Settings" check box on top left of the export settings box, but this seems to output differently. I did a comparison with the same file and when I was able to "re-wrap" the sequence, my file size was at 3.76 Gig (.mov) as opposed to a file size of 121.9 MB (.mpg).

*Adobe Premiere Pro CC
*How does this answer differ when shooting with both of these cameras since the Canon 70D is shooting AVCHD?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Not understanding export workflow -- New to Premiere > from FCP7
by on Dec 18, 2015 at 9:54:23 am

[Brian Rose] " "Match Source - Rewrap""

This is only for select codecs and it's no use to use this unless you're exporting to the same exact codec that the footage is.

[Brian Rose] " "Match Sequence Settings""

This setting matches the export to the same settings as your sequence uses. So if your sequence is set to use prores 422 25 fps then the matching sequence settings would be the same.

[Brian Rose] "the best exporting workflow to achieve a non-compressed master file."

Just export a file that fits the specifications on the service you're using. There are a bunch of presets for streaming sites under the H264 format.

You might also want to read the manual: https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/export-settings-reference.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]