ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere render/export issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stef AllanPremiere render/export issues
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 8:39:52 pm

Hello,
I've just encountered a render/export issue with Premiere Pro 9.0.1. It seems like Premiere is rendering creating lower-resolution (certainly lower-quality) renders in some situations. When I try to export, the video clip exported is lower still. Here is an example with text:

Unrendered screen shot:

Rendered screen shot:

Exported clip screen shot:

As you can see, the unrendered text is smooth and looks fine. It loses quality when rendered and then loses a lot of quality when exported. The export is an mxf file that is my standard deliverable for television broadcast.

This was not a problem at all with Premiere Pro 8, it just started this morning when I upgraded. I've tried rendering and exporting some other clips and it hasn't been as noticeable but it certainly has been there.

I have cleared out my preferences, my previews, my cache, looked through program, project, and sequence settings, and I can't figure out what the issue could be. This is relatively urgent so if anyone has an Idea I'm welcome to listen.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Premiere render/export issues
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 9:03:40 pm

What do you mean by rendered? Are you generating preview files? If so, are you using the previews for export?

What are your settings for previews and export? Screen captures would be helpful.

Return to posts index

Stef AllanRe: Premiere render/export issues
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 9:23:18 pm

Yes, I'm generating previews. When I say "rendered" those are preview files. Old FCP terminology that has lingered with me. Screencaps below.

The problem is that these are the exact same settings I had used successfully in Premiere 8.1.0 but in 9.0.1 they are problematic. It's also worthy of note that I tried AVC-HD and DVCPro sequence settings and had the same problem. I also tried maximum render quality, etc. and none of these fixed the issue.

sequence settings:

export settings (I am not exporting using previews):

thank you!

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Premiere render/export issues
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 9:58:58 pm

1st thing I see is your sequence is 1080p

your export is upper field in field order?

could that account for it?

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Stef AllanRe: Premiere render/export issues
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 10:52:28 pm

Thanks for your response. This could account for the difference between the rendered (previewed) version and the export version.

Unfortunately the bigger issue is the downgrade in quality when I render...it's like it's rendering a lower-res image.

I used the exact same settings in 8.1.0 and was consistently successful. Now in 9.0.1 I am finding the quality degrading.

Needless to say, this is a major problem and very concerning.

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Premiere render/export issues
by on Dec 17, 2015 at 2:04:39 am
Last Edited By Ivan Myles on Dec 17, 2015 at 2:11:39 am

[Stef Allan] "export settings (I am not exporting using previews)"

Uncheck "Enable Smart Rendering codec" in the export settings. You are currently encoding the preview files.

Your sequence uses square pixels but your export uses rectangular pixels. Is that intentional?

For better quality preview files try DNxHD or an equivalent/better codec instead of MPEG.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere render/export issues
by on Dec 17, 2015 at 5:03:05 am

You have pretty bright and saturated colors there. They will lose quality if you export to a codec that turns down the chroma subsampling. Try exporting an uncompressed frame out (dpx, tiff, exr) and check if it looks different.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]