ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Wrong Reselution in Project settings, can I change this in project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave McGuireWrong Reselution in Project settings, can I change this in project
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 1:46:56 am

I set up a project for another editor in Premier but set the project settings to the wrong resolution. *Face Palm* is there a way to reset the project resolution (Codec) ((Video Format)) in the project, or would i be better off importing the sequences into a new project?

Dave "An Idiot"

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Wrong Reselution in Project settings, can I change this in project
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 2:49:06 am

For clarification,

Project = Premiere Pro file, which can contain several sequences
Sequence = timeline, which contains several audio and video tracks

From context I think you are referring to sequence settings.

To change the sequence frame size create a new sequence with the desired settings and copy the clips from the existing sequence into the new sequence.

The settings for Video Previews in the Sequence Settings panel can be changed any time. Regenerate preview files for the changes to take effect.

Return to posts index

Declan SmithRe: Wrong Reselution in Project settings, can I change this in project
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 3:04:20 am

It's a very frustrating "feature" of Premiere Pro. You didn't say which version, so what I am about to describe relates to CS6.

What you choose to do all depends on how far you have gone in your edit, or rather, if your sequence has any special setup like audio channels etc.

Method 1: Create a new sequence with the correct settings you desire, then go to your old sequence and select everything, copy it, and paste into your new sequence. This may be the easiest method, but may not do everything you want, particularly if your have setup the audio mixer etc.

Method 2: Create a new sequence with the correct settings you desire and just drag in your other sequence. If you are mid-edit, this won't really help, but if all you want is the end product scaled properly, this may be what you need.

Method 3: If you are feeling really brave and are confident editing files, then read my article here: http://www.madpanic.tv/blog/files/change-premiere-pro-cs6-sequence-settings... , and If you fancy editing your project file directly, I strongly suggest you back it up first!

Whichever method you choose, there is a high chance that your clips will need resizing to your new sequence settings. In the new sequence, select all the clips then go to clip->video options-> and enable Scale to Video Size.

Declan Smith
http://www.madpanic.tv
After Effects CS6/ FCS3 / Canon XLH1 / Canon 7D / Reason / Cubase

"it's either binary or it's not"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]