ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere PRO vs Sony Vegas PRO render quality

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zoran PericAdobe Premiere PRO vs Sony Vegas PRO render quality
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 5:22:15 pm

Hell everyone,

I have a problem for which I am not able to find a solution anywhere. The problem is that the exported video from Premiere looks less sharp less clear and with more white color and less vibrance/saturation that the original one.

I thought it is the same with other video editors but then I tries Sony Vegas and it turned out that it renders pretty video of pretty much the same quality as the original one. It is sharp and vibrant.

I tried pretty much every setting from this forum in Premiere to fix the problem with the rendered quality and still I cannot get good results - even with the Lagarith codec.

My original videos comes from canon eos the video format is .mov, framerate is 25 and the resolution is a full HD: 1920*1080. For the output:
h.264
Full HD
25 fps
profile:High
level:5.2
birthrate: 100 Mbps (source file is around 45 Mbps)

What am I missing? There are so many people using adobe premiere so I guess it should be better than the competitors and still I am getting better results with Sony Vegas and this is really strange.

Is it possible that Adobe automatically modifies color scheme or has some built in filter it applies to every imported video?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Adobe Premiere PRO vs Sony Vegas PRO render quality
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 3:45:57 am

Consider the components within your workflow:

• recorded assets
• pre-processing
• source files
• computer system
• NLE = Premiere Pro + Adobe Media Encoder
• sequence settings
• sequence = source files + effects + objects + layers
• export settings
• preview files (if exporting preview files)
• [render + encode]
• output file
• media player

Start troubleshooting by creating a new sequence called "Test" with the same settings as your existing timeline. Place the following items into the Test sequence:

Track 4: Vegas output file
Track 3: Premiere Pro output file
Track 2: Existing sequence (drag it from the Project Panel)
Track 1: Source clip(s) that appears in the sequence but with no effects applied; trim and align the clip so that a comparison frame is synchronized with the other tracks

Place the playhead at the comparison frame and toggle the tracks off and on to compare Output vs Output (T4 v T3), Output vs Sequence (T3/T4 v T2), Sequence vs Source (T2 v T1), and Output vs Source (T3/T4 v T1). After comparing the frames visually, change the Program Monitor from Composite to the Vect/YC Wave/RGB Parade video scope. Again, toggle the tracks off and on and compare the waveforms.

Repeat with a few other frames to confirm any observations.

Do you see any differences among the tracks? If so, please post some screen captures and any additional information that can help troubleshoot the issue.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Adobe Premiere PRO vs Sony Vegas PRO render quality
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 12:01:34 pm

[Zoran Peric] "I have a problem for which I am not able to find a solution anywhere. The problem is that the exported video from Premiere looks less sharp less clear and with more white color and less vibrance/saturation that the original one."

How are you evaluating the renders? In other words, what program/process are you using to see this difference?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Zoran PericRe: Adobe Premiere PRO vs Sony Vegas PRO render quality
by on Dec 17, 2015 at 5:37:42 pm

I found the problem - it seems that premiere sometimes (for some clips) adjusts the videos while importing, but i fixed this using auto levels effect so it was pretty much the same in vegas and premiere (seen in preview window as well as after the rendering). I tried another video of the same type (same camera) and the quality of imported video was the same in Vegas as well as in the Premiere so I didn't need too apply any filter to make the look the same.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]